- Luso News – 3 issues a year, full of useful information on clinics, trainers, feeding articles etc, plus photos from many shows;
- Worm count – free of charge for our members, worth £9.50; Westgate Laboratories
- Breed Show offers discounted classes.
- Passports discounted and other registration papers;
- Merchandise discounted on certain item.
- Annual Breed Show, packed with classes for different disciplines, including displays on the Gala evening.
- AGM once a year, all members invited to attend and participate;
- Advertise clinics, tack or horses for sale on the FB page (providing it is not for commercial purposes).
- Discount on entry fees for selected Iberian Shows
- Discount on purchases from the companies listed on the “Links” page
If you own a Lusitano, love Lusos or simply want to learn more about the breed,
why not join the Lusitano Breed Society of Great Britain?
Membership costs £30 a year – £40 for overseas membership,
£50 family membership, £15 junior membership (18 and under on 1st January 2017).
Members receive 3 copies a year of Luso News,
which includes articles on training, breeding, nutrition, and the achievements of Lusos across all disciplines.
There are reports from shows around the country, a comprehensive diary of UK training clinics
plus shows offering classes for Lusos and listings for trainers knowledgeable about the breed.
Sponsors offer discounts on a wide range of goods and services – see the sponsors page;
The Society offers lower entry fees for the annual Lusitano Breed Show – a friendly, all-inclusive show offering a fun filled weekend of showing, equitation, dressage, show jumping and working equitation classes for all levels, from novice to advanced.
From January 2016, a new series of performance awards, open to members and their registered pure and part bred Lusitanos and Cruzados, with league tables for every discipline.
Westgate Laboratories offer members a free worm count pack (worth £9.50);
To join, go to the ‘About Us’ tag, click on ‘Membership’ and download a membership form.